The purpose of this document is to establish the policies and procedures required to manage the COVID-19 risk associated with re-opening the pool and grounds to members under the designation as prescribed by the State of Pennsylvania and Delaware County.
This document addresses:
• Member access guidelines and social distancing code of conduct
• Occupancy limits
• Disinfecting procedures and schedules
• Board and Employee Safety policies
1. MEMBER ACCESS LIMITATIONS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING CODE OF CONDUCT
The following member access controls and social distancing code of conduct will be strictly enforced while these procedures are in place:
– Health –Any member with a temperature of 99.5 or greater, experiencing nausea or having a chronic cough should not come to the pool. In addition, any member who is residing with a person who tested COVID19 positive may not come to the pool.
– Safety – All members must wear a face mask when entering our Club and when interacting with our management or staff. According to the CDC guidelines, this includes any person Age 2 or greater. Members who have not been vaccinated should wear a face mask when they are not in the water., Members are not permitted to wear masks in the water. Members are not permitted to wear plastic gloves. Aquatic will not provide masks to members. Members without masks will be asked to leave.
– Hours – Our Hours of Operation will be 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm ET daily. The water will close at 7:45 pm. Members must exit the property no later than 8:00 pm. The Board reserves the right to delay opening, close early or close for the entire day based on weather and attendance.
– Check-In – Please approach the front desk only after families checking in ahead of you have moved away from the front desk. Check-in will be “touch-free” – the attendant will access your membership information through MemberSplash and verify your identity via the photo on record.
– Check Out – Before leaving the premises, please notify the attendant of your departure; Aquatic is required to monitor the number of members on site at all times.
– Traffic Patterns – To promote social distancing new traffic patterns will be defined by signage. Please acquaint yourself and your family members with the proper procedures.
– Membership Fees – All fees must be paid in full prior to Club opening. You will need to access your membership account using the credentials provided to you update your profile information, add photos for each member, submit your order and remit payment.
– Guest Policy – Guests will be permitted. You must pre-purchase a 5-day guest pass for $40 through your account. When you approach the gate attendant, you will register your guest if you have guest credits available. If you do not have guest credits on your account, your guest may not enter the Club.
– Swim Test – Children ages 6 through 12 as of May 15th must pass the Swim Test to swim in the Large Square, Horseshoe Area or Slide/Dive Area. Swim Tests will be conducted in the lap lanes. When a child passes the swim test they will be issued a rubber wristband for the season. The wristband must be worn and visible at all times. Wearing the band on either the wrist or ankle is permissible. We recommend writing the child’s name on the inside of the band with an indelible marker. The wristband may not be shared/transferred. Transferring a band could result in the suspension of the membership. The Club is not responsible for the loss or theft of the wristband. The Club will allow for a one-time replacement wristband at a cost of $5.00. Any subsequent loss will result in the child forfeiting their right to swim in those sections of the pool for the remainder of the summer.
– Inclement Weather – During passing storms that involve thunder and/or lightening, ALL members are expected to exit the pool grounds and wait in their car until it passes. Members may not remain on the grounds or in the buildings. Parents/Members: please be sure you have a contingency plan for yourself, or your unsupervised child(ren) if this occurs while at the Club and you do not have a vehicle in which to retreat.
– Snack Bar – The Snack Bar will remain closed; please remember to bring snacks and water to sustain you during the day in the heat. The water fountain will not be turned on.
– Social Distance Monitoring – Parents and chaperones of children, not lifeguards and staff, are responsible for ensuring their children social distance while in the pool, on the decks, in the sand or in the grove.
– Diving Board – The diving board will be open.
– Sliding Board – The slide will be open.
– Lap Lanes – Lap Lanes will be open for swim team and lap swimming.
– Swim Team/Swim Lessons – Aquatic will participate in swim meets organized by the IntraCounty League. Swim Lessons will be offered once the Club opens full time. Swim Team practice/conditioning program in accordance with the USA Swimming guidelines for safe distancing.
– Chairs – Members must bring their own chairs. The Club will provide Adirondack chairs only. Members may store their chairs at the Club however, the Club is not responsible for their sanitation. Chairs should not be shared.
– Picnic Tables – Picnic Tables will be placed in the grove. Picnic Tables and Umbrellas may not be moved under any circumstance. The Club will disinfect picnic tables daily. Members are encouraged to sanitize picnic tables before and after use.
– Playground – The playground equipment will be open.
– Basketball/Shuffleboard – The basketball/shuffleboard court will be open. Players will be required to bring their own sports equipment and wear sneakers (bare feet or flip flops not permitted)
– Group Games – Group games in the sand area will be permitted
– Pool Toys – No pool toys/balls will be provided. Members may bring water appropriate toys to use in the Shallow Area of the pool for themselves only. We recommend that the children do not share toys. Sand Toys – No sand toys will be provided. Members may bring sand toys however toys may not be shared. Toys may not be left on the premises.
– Rafts – Raft Afts and Raft Nights will be part of our summer schedule however no raft sharing will be permitted. There should be one rider per raft. Infants and Toddlers may use approved flotation devices in the Shallow Area at any time.
– Noodles – Noodles will be permitted in all areas except the Shallow Area. Noodles are not considered flotation devices. Noodles may not be shared. Noodles may not be left at the pool overnight. Noodles must be made of foam, “inflatable” noodles may only be used during Raft Aft and Raft Night.
– Gatherings – Parties will be permitted. Advance approval from the Operations Manager is required.
– Lost & Found – The Club will not retain items for more than 24 hours; if an item is left at the Club overnight it will be discarded.
SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES
– Any member with a temperature of 99.5 or greater, experiencing nausea or having a chronic cough should not come to the pool. In addition, any member who is residing with a person who tested COVID19 positive may not come to the pool.
– Members from the same household are not expected to practice social distancing with each other.
– Members who have not been vaccinated should observe the recommended 6-foot separation from other non-household members when moving about the grounds and pool deck.
– All members must wear a face mask when entering our Club and when interacting with our management or staff. According to the CDC guidelines, this includes any person Age 2 or greater. Members who have not been vaccinated should wear a face mask when they are not in the water, Members are not permitted to wear masks in the water. Members are not permitted to wear plastic gloves. Aquatic will not provide masks to members. Members without masks will be asked to leave.
– Parents are always responsible for the actions of their children. Parents must be active managers of their children and ensure they understand and respect the safety of others at all times.
– Signs will be posted throughout our Club reminding everyone of safe practices. Frequent announcement will also serve as a reminder to practice social distancing. We ask our members to abide by these policies.
– Moving of umbrellas, tables, and other fixtures is not permitted.
2. OCCUPANCY LIMITS
Aside from enforcing state and federal social distance policies, the Club reserves the right to limit the number of people allowed inside the pool area or water at any one time to ensure the safety of our membership.
3. SANITATION AND DISINFECTING PROCEDURES
Disinfection procedures shall be different for the pool and grounds. Members should continue to protect themselves and others at the facility both in and out of the water by practicing social distancing and good hand hygiene.
Pool Disinfection Procedures – According to the CDC, there is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through water in pools, hot tubs, spas, or water play areas. Proper operation and maintenance of these facilities (including disinfection with chlorine) should inactivate the virus in water.
– The pool water shall be continuously disinfected by the chemical treatment added to the circulation systems
– Chlorine levels and other water chemistry limits shall be checked and adjusted (if required) during every turnover period and as required by the manager
– Pool railings, ladders, and other common points of touch will be sprayed with disinfectant at several times per day, a minimum of once every two hours. (A no rinse, spray and walk away disinfectant will be used.)
Grounds Disinfection Procedures – In addition to ensuring water safety and quality, the Club shall implement disinfecting procedures for the grounds and facilities. The following common areas and touchpoints shall be disinfected at regular intervals. Bathrooms may be closed for up to 15 minutes per cleaning.
– Door handles inside and outside
– Handrails and pool ladders
– Restroom doors
– Sinks – Soap and paper towel dispensers
– Toilet flush levers
– Baby changing station
– Picnic Tables
– Playground Equipment
4. BOARD AND EMPLOYEE SAFETY POLICIES
Attendants will be required to wear a mask at all times. Members will check-in and out with the attendant. The attendant will access membership information through MemberSplash and verify the identity of the member via the photo on record. No purchases will be made at the gate. Guest passes must be purchased in advance of accessing the Club.
All staff will be required to maintain strict records of cleaning activities. Strict recordkeeping may be required by the health inspector.
Lifeguards are not permitted to congregate indoors during breaks. An outdoor designated area will be provided.
All staff must wear a mask when interacting with the membership.
Any lifeguard or manager that are indoors to administer first aid must wear a mask.
Attendants will be responsible for sanitizing the areas throughout the day.
The Club President will be the COVID19 Point of Contact. Members and Staff are required to report COVID positive results to the Club via email: email@example.com